Monday, April 21, 2008


WOOO HOOO So I know this is a scary pic but it's the only one that counts cuz it was at the finish line of the SLC half marathon that I actually finished on Saturday. It really was fun, it started at the University Hospital and wound its way 13 miles to the Gateway. I wasn't sure even up until that morning that I would be able to do it but I did and I am so glad (and almost as glad that it's just over). Aunt Shawna talked me into it in January so I trained for the last few months and I am really grateful to her for convincing me that I could do it, it was an amazing experience!

6 comments:

Natilie said...

Holy Smokes that is cool. I would never even attempt that.

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

Way to go...that's AWESOME!!!

Nik said...

Hey Shannon,
you are awesome - I am so jealous of you running the half marathon!!
I finally have decided to try it myself this year in the summer, but I'm a little nervous about it.
I'd love to see you training program - I don't have one yet!
By-the-way, I'm glad you let us know you are doing this - we started one recently too :)

eileen said...

Shannon,
That is not a scary picture that is an awesome picture!! I am so proud of you!
Good Job!!!

joanne said...

Good Job Shannon!! Wasn't the finish line the best thing in sight that day?? J/K I too am glad it is over and now I can at least say I have done a 1/2 marathon. Awesome Job!!

Jenie said...

Wow!! Good for you! I think it's an awesome picture too. I'm hoping we're going to be in Tooele for the 4th and I'm up for the 5k, although it's going to be a sprint for you. I've only be walking with my friends in the mornings, not running so I'll have to get back in the groove. I think that's awesome! Thanks for thinking of me on my birthday too! You're the best. I'll get training so I can keep up with you. Way to go!!